Need advice, Tank in basement.

mfgl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
PA
Hey all,
I need to either get rid of my fish (8 year old rhom) or move it down to my basement. Its a sandstone/concrete basement, somewhat musty. I spray it down once a year with bleach and dont have growing mildew or anything but its a basement. Is it possible to put a tank down there with a dehumidifier? Im in bait shops all the time and they are musty and nasty....but those fish arent meant to live long. What should I do?
Move this wherever is best please.
thanks
mfgl

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Plenty of people have fish tanks and fish rooms in their basements. I had a 500g uncovered im my basement and didnt bother with a dehumidifier. Never had any issues but winters were dry anyways and summers I usually had windows open. Just be careful when you are spraying any chemicals and domt use dehumidifier water to top off your tank and I dont see any issues

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
My fish room is in the basement.
I built a room with ceiling and carpet.
The carpet might not have been the best idea but the room stays warmer in the winter. I have two windows and fans that keep the air moving.
So far so good.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The back end of my basement is my fish room where all of my tanks are located.It is not exactly finished but the walls and floor are smooth concrete and I have a drain in the floor.I have four windows down there so ventilation has not been an issue.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Mine is in a finished basement and I have a dehumidifier to keep the humidity down. Other than that no problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store