GG

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Just got my first gg little 3" albino guy. Just wondered what to expect from these guys I've heard they are one of the best wet pets you can have.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

EMI93M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
australia
They are Great in every way .... read threw the Thread on Giant Gouramis on this forum it will tell u everything you need to now there are over 400 pages ; )

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
hello man, i too just bought a small 4" gg but it seems tht it's still stress from the long drive back home.. how do i ensure tht he can get used to his new environment? should i wait a few days and not feed him to let him beg for food? im worried tht he might never be as friendly as my dad's gg..
sorry for the interruption but i posted a thread bout him but no response .. hope tht i can get help here :)

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Hey bro I have literally picked up another one have an albino and rtgg give it a few days I'm sure by now he will have settled in just fine ? Any pics ?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Flowerhorn, I was one of the others - you are the one not responding.

Follen - They are absolutely one of the best wet pets - do a search and you'll see thousands of pages of information, anecdotes, and photos - including some of mine.

Getting another one was actually not a good idea - but you wouldn't have known - One will most likely kill the other. They are good with other fish until they hit 5-6 inches, at which point most of them start killing, and / or eating everything else in the tank. Mine did. Literally overnight, with no warning whatsoever. (My previous one was best friends with an Oscar, in comparison.)

I know there are a few on here that are ok with tankmates, but that is not the norm.

They eat a lot, of anything and everything, literally - and grow very fast. Mine is 18 inches at 2 years of age, and uses every bit of her 300 gallon tank that she has to herself. Has loads of personality - even more than Oscars, etc.

Ask away ! They are one of the best pets out there.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
They are great fish!
Only problem is that when they reach 12-14 they become killers! When my giant gourami became 14" killed a henlei stingray, an adult oscar, an oblognum cichlid, and much more

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store