Pictus cats and corys with cichlids?

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
When I get a new tank (Which I plan to get either a 150, 180 or even a 200) in a few months, I plan on adding my corys along with a trio of pictus cats with some large South/Central American cichlids. Has anyone tried this without many problems? :Pikachu:

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
Shouldnt be a problem, i would just up the school of pictus catfish to 6+ and also i might worry about getting the cories any food.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
If its large cichlids, the Cories will probably get murdered and eaten, not necessarily in that order.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Pictus should be fine but the cories will get picked on possibly or eaten which will more than likely kill what ever ingested it.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
Depending on the geos they may eat the cories, but usually you buy geos small and if they are growing up with the cories i doubt they will be looked upon as food. I mean these are SA cichlids but they still can be aggressive if they choose to. If you want to avoid this completely then i would get a large group of red head tapajos or winemilleri.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I wouldn't condone of keeping Corys with large cichlids. Most are to timid to fend against large boisterous fish.

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
I think its more down to the fish itself, i personally have had no issue, and i have juruparis, red heads, and winemilleri, although they arent all full grown.

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
I have geophagus altifrons, actually. I wish I could get tapajos or winemilleri but I have no idea where to get them. :(

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Geos would be fine with Corys this they aren't that aggressive but not things like cons, Red Devils, oscars, etc. Some other cichlids I think would be fine with Corys are apistos, rams, kribs, laetacara, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store