New (photo heavy) blog post on Bangkok's insane weekend market

Tucc185

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2005
Boulder, CO
www.reef2rainforest.com
I'm in BKK (again) and finally got around to publishing a post on my first visit to Bangkok's weekend market (Jatujak) and all the crazy fish for sale there. Batman rays, platinum RTC, short body everything- any monster fish keeper's dream come true :)

http://www.reef2rainforest.com/2014/09/04/bangkoks-tropical-fish-mecca-jatujak-weekend-market/

The hardest part by far is not having a tank ready and waiting for some of this stuff. I was just recently at the markets again on Thursday (which is wholesale day) with one of my exporters. Lots of local fish collectors and farmers bring stuff to sell, and I saw some really interesting wild collected oddballs. I'll post more once I get the photos processed.

DSC_3585(sm).jpg

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
Man That gar is nice...

I don't even know what I would do with myself if I went to some place like that. I'd have fish I'd have to eat for lack of a place to house them.

Looks like you were really having fun there.
Rich

Tucc185

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2005
Boulder, CO
www.reef2rainforest.com
Thanks! I look a little dazed and jet-lagged in the pic having just arrived in Bangkok. Three months of travel later it's like my home away from home. It killed me to see paroon sharks basically a dime a dozen here. One of my all-time fav species I've ever kept, can't wait to have a monster tank or pond again where I can house one. Oh, and all the other stuff we can't have in the states like Asian aro and Channa.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Cool blog and pictures, good read. Post more pics if you can.

bageezus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2014
Wheatfield
Amazing. I would love to take a trip and do what you are doing. Keep the pictures coming!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store