Where can I buy Geophagus Redhead Tapajos?

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
Looking to get maybe 5 or 6 of them in the future. Can someone give me a trustworthy site that sells them? (No phishing...please)

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
Well they're always available on Aquabid & Jeff Rapps at Tangled Up in Cichlids had some juvies on his list when I looked at it last week. Good choice of fish btw.

Papa Bravo Zulu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2014
Florida
I believe Imperial Tropicals has them on eBay, AquaBid, and through their own website.

Sent from my HTCONE using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
Yea, imperial tropics, or just sellers on aquabid are your best bet. I got 4 red heads and 4 winemilleri from imperial and they were all healthy and still growing. :D

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
My WC group of red heads (and more than half of my fish,) are from Tangled Up in Cichlids. The Geos are gorgeous and I can't say enough great things about Jeff.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Jeff Rapps (tangledupincichlids.com) is a very reputable dealer who almost always has red head tapajos in stock

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
You can find them almost everywhere. They are a readily available geo. They get a little tricky to find if you want wild or F1s since most of what is on the market is captive bred. Rapps is a good source for wilds and F1s. Wetspot gets wilds in from time to time. John (snookn21) sometimes gets wilds in as well. Aquabid is full of red heads if you don't care about generation.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
They're not common where I live. I don't care if a fish is f1, captive bred or wild caught, not too much of a difference for me. Geophagus Altifrons and Steindachneri are the only ones sold in all my LFS.

RobE

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
Seminole, FL
I just ordered some red heads from imperial tropical this morning. If you spend over $30 you get free shipping in the US.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store