How to treat stingrays with prezi

bmpauley

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2013
Marysville ohio
Hi can someone give me a detailed method of treating stingrays with prezi I think my ray might have internal parasites.
Thanks for any info

Jobu28

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2013
NC
I was told by a very experienced breeder to use prazi at 2-2 1/2 times the normal strength. I have used it at those levels with success.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
The thing most people mess up with Prazi is length of treatment. Need to treat for the entire life cycle of whatever it is you're trying to kill. Run too short of treatment and you risk the disease/parasite building an immunity to it.

Jobu28

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2013
NC
Also, if your tryIng to treat internally the animal has to be feeding. They need to bring in water/prazi with their food for it to work. If they're not feeding you won't do anything for internal parasites.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
I second the 2-2.5 x dosage. The treatment will be based on how much water changes you want to do, 20% if your fish is stressed, 50% if not and you can handle the cost of prazi. Usually do 50% the next day or day after and replace 50% of the meds (100% of dose), and then 20% daily or every 2 days after that. Remove carbon, and make sure you follow that routine for a while because though you may kill the parasite, you may not kill the eggs located in the sponges filters that hatch regularly. Don't think prazi is effective at killing the eggs so you have to essentially wait for them all to hatch to kill is my understanding. What makes you think your ray has parasites anyway? Shake very well btw, also might cause some foaming, don't gotta worry too much about that.

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bmpauley

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2013
Marysville ohio
My ray has been eating 2 earthworms a day and he is stating to get really skinny his hip bones are showing and he now has a dent in the face that has appeared I think it might be internal parasites but I'm not for sure?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
My ray has been eating 2 earthworms a day and he is stating to get really skinny his hip bones are showing and he now has a dent in the face that has appeared I think it might be internal parasites but I'm not for sure?

2 meager worms a day is a fart in the wind...u should be offering that amount 3-5 times a day to get him to bulk back up. I recieved a ray in terrible condition, skinny, hips bones, crater head. It took a good month of feeding 5-8times a day or more just to get him back to looking normal. Clean water and good/appropriate diet goes a long way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bmpauley

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2013
Marysville ohio
I know he will only eat that. I bought him a little on the skinny side but I have a drip system going to help with good water. So maybe he just needs time to have a bigger appetite. Just put the drip in a week ago btw

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I know he will only eat that. I bought him a little on the skinny side but I have a drip system going to help with good water. So maybe he just needs time to have a bigger appetite. Just put the drip in a week ago btw

I assure u he will eat more if his head is cratered...offering multiple times a day will entice his appetite. U can only stuff them so full during any single sitting but doing that a few times a day is beneficial in ur situation to get his weight back up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store