Coming to the dark side

Dial92

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2012
Effingham, IL
Ok this will be my first salt tank, I have a friend that had done salt before. The tank has been set up for 10 plus years but the last 3 it has not been taken care of. It is an 8x2x2 with an integrated sump that takes up the back 4 to 6 inches. I am thinking about just a simple predator till I get used to the salt world then go reef. What does everyone think uploadfromtaptalk1410281534595.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I know hee haw about saltwater, but that is a beautiful tank

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Tank that size you have a lot to work with. If it was me, I would use it for a FOWLR tank. A tank that size to turn into a reef would be pricy and you you'll need a sh*t ton of rock and coral frags + the time for all of it to grow, good chance you would get bored with it. Most of your common reef safe fish are small too so I feel like they would get lost in their. I have a 55 reef and half of the stuff I put in it hides behind the rock and hardly ever see it ha. I say get some large angles, triggers, anything larger really and you'll be happy with it. But don't let me stop you if are pushing more for a reef. I'm an eel fan so I wound love to upgrade my tesslata to a tank that size or look into a green moray. Do some updates when you start stocking it!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store