Tankmates

AR577

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
N.America
I want to get another shark for my coral catshark. The store by me has a twany nurse a black band bamboo and a wombegong. Which one will be the best tank mate for my coral. :headbang2

Atumi

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2014
Australia
the nurses grow to like 3m (10ft), so no. and wobbegongs are known to eat everything that moves (i.e your coral cat) the Brown-banded Bamboo is your best bet for a friend for your coral. altho a member on another forum recently had one of his Bamboo pups kill a coral cat pup.

How big is your tank? if you can find them Arabian Bamboo, White spot bamboos, Marble catsharks and Papuan epaulettes could all be suitable tankmates

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Wobbies range from 3ft to 10ft depending on species.

Nurse shark way too big.

Banded are a little bigger but likely ok depending on your tank size. Certainly the best choice of the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

AR577

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
N.America
Its a tassled wobbegong. On sunday the fish place is getting red spot catsharks:naughty: in the worker said that will be a good shark for me.

I just picked up a 180 gallon.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
If by red spotted catshark, you mean the Chilean cat (Schroederichthys chilensis), they are a cooler water species. They are also not a commonly kept shark due to be very difficult to maintain in a tank setting. I think your sales guy cares more about getting your money than what sharks are good for you.

Mbartoloni7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
LI, New York
I'll be honest I've kept coral catsharks in a 180 gallon tank before and your best bet for tankmates is probably some chromis or damsels. They don't compete for food and they don't pose a threat to the shark. Also they don't place a heavy strain on the filtration and could substitute as food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store