some of today's NW shots

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Duanes, You have an awesome collection going on. How many tanks/gallons are you tending?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
They've been building up slowly over the years, but after my kids left for college, and my wife divorced me, there's nothing to stop the escalation except lack of cash.
So far about 15 tanks (adding up to about 1000 gals) (setting up another craigs list 130 gal in a week or 2), a 500 gal kiddy pool (with another 900 gal one supposedly arriving tomorrow, for over wintering pond fish ), and 2 outdoor ponds, a 500 and 1500 gal.

Duanes, You have an awesome collection going on. How many tanks/gallons are you tending?

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Well that`s pretty cool! I`d do the same thing if I could, although I don`t think I`ll ditch my wife to get there. Maybe after the kids get through college, until then I am lucky to afford the very limited stock I have.

I used to love the kiddie pools for raising fry. You want to talk about fast growing fish, that`s the ticket!

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Yes, I don't advocate ditching wives for fish, although for me it has been a very liberating experience.
Those kiddy pools are great for raising fry, outside they provide plenty of extra critters to feast on, even great for raising artemia.
Although I start artemia indoors, as soon as the cultures seem tapped inside, i toss the left over brine and eggs into a shallow pool outside, and in a few days, the cast offs turn into this.

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
That`s a great idea. When I was breeding cichlids like a maniac my pools were in the basement. I did have an outdoor pool once though. I put a pair of convicts in it in the Spring and removed something like sixty or seventy in the fall. They were without a doubt the prettiest convicts I have ever seen. Good diet and lots of sun=beautiful fish. The stores were happy to take them off hands, which was unusual to say the least. Back then I was in the big city, now the great north woods. Too many critters to try it around hear, I`d end up with deer standing in it, coons and mink working it over, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store