New to drip system

DatnoidEd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2013
Springfield, Ohio
I have 180 gal with 2 monos, fl gar, brasiliensis, and a marble achara. Xp3 and xp4 filters. I just recently set up my drip system dripping approx 150 gal/wk. ever since I set it up I'm having a slight prob with cloudy water. I figured it would do the exact opposite. I live in the county and have well water and my water runs through a softener and one of those in-line particle filters. Any suggestions?ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1410317392.094996.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Did it used to happen after water changes?

Try testing your water for nitrates or phosphates. Could be a bacteria bloom (or algae but that would be green) being fed by a steady drip.

Also check the pH. Swings in pH can cause minerals to precipitate from the water column. Do you have mineral rich water? A softener will take out calcium and magnesium well, but maybe you have iron rich water? Your city should have reports of that.

DatnoidEd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2013
Springfield, Ohio
We had a culligen man out here a while ago and he said our water was a little high in iron. Would it be best if I got a ro system dedicated to my drip system? Or maybe another in-line sediment filter dedicated to the tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store