another FX5/6 question and PN # needed

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
I was repairing an FX5 that was giving me signs of the impeller giving out . Well the impeller part came and I proceeded to disassemble.
Upon pulling impeller out of housing I noticed the impeller well was full of water ? ( note I bought this unit used) .

In looking at the FX5 information on the net they only make reference to a motor housing seal/gasket that prevents the unit from leaking on the floor.
It seems a gasket is missing the one that fits between the impeller housing and the impeller , which would explain the water in the magnetic rotor well ..

My question is what is the PN # for this internal seal ? I cannot find reference to it anywhere and all the online vendors carry is the main seal between the motor and the canister housing ( Fluval FX5/6 Replacement Motor Seal Ring (Fluval A-20207)).

Anyone know where i can get the impeller seal/gasket w/o having to go to a hardware store and kluge one together , what is this PN # ?

Thank you

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
There is only one o-ring/seal/gasket that is used for the pump installation on the FX5/6, it is Part #A20207 as noted in the link vr6fan posted above.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Only one ? So there is nothing to keep water out if impeller housing
The impeller well or cavity is supposed to be wet, this is what helps keeps the impeller cool and lubricated. If you are getting water leaking at the pump mounting to the canister body, that o-ring is not installed properly. If you are getting water leaking out of the pump body itself, there may be a crack in the pump housing.

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
The impeller well or cavity is supposed to be wet, this is what helps keeps the impeller cool and lubricated. If you are getting water leaking at the pump mounting to the canister body, that o-ring is not installed properly. If you are getting water leaking out of the pump body itself, there may be a crack in the pump housing.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store