Price Check, Aisle Cyps

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
Hey

I've been bugging my LFS to get more cyps and finally today he tells me he can get some.

The bad news is that he said they are F1 Kitumba and he wants $60 US each!!

Wo! I can't pay that much but I'm just wondering if he's trying to gouge me? I've been searching hi and low and I have a pretty good idea of what cyps go for and $60 is over the top--right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Seems salty, but that's what you expect with rarer, harder to get stuff.

A good judge would be Little Africa Aquatics. If they are charging more than him, they are ripping you off.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I copied this off the Wet Spot list, and you could order from there yourself, but you would also pay for shipping. They are on the west coast.
Cyprichromis leptosoma "Chituta" 1.5" $15.00
Cyprichromis leptosoma "Kafungi" 1.5"+ $15.00
Cyprichromis leptosoma "Mamelesa" 1.5" $18.00
Cyprichromis leptosoma "Nkonde" 1.5" $18.00
Cyprichromis microlepidotus "Lyamamba" WILD MALES 3" $30.00

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
I copied this off the Wet Spot list, and you could order from there yourself, but you would also pay for shipping. They are on the west coast.
Cyprichromis leptosoma "Chituta" 1.5" $15.00
Cyprichromis leptosoma "Kafungi" 1.5"+ $15.00
Cyprichromis leptosoma "Mamelesa" 1.5" $18.00
Cyprichromis leptosoma "Nkonde" 1.5" $18.00
Cyprichromis microlepidotus "Lyamamba" WILD MALES 3" $30.00
Yeah, thanks all. Also looking at Wet Spot in OR to compare. I'll probably buy from them but for now, other than the WC, their cyps are too small to sex and I don't want any more females.

I've also bought from LFS and the most I paid was $30 each.

$60 is a gouge. Bummer

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
It's possible the lfs is passing on a high price from his distributor if it's a new/rare item for the distributor. Or the lfs itself may not be familiar with it and imagine it's a new/rare fish and are pricing accordingly. I've seen it before, lfs imagines they have a new, rare, or expensive fish simply because it's new to them.

Razor7Music

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
www.myspace.com
It's possible the lfs is passing on a high price from his distributor if it's a new/rare item for the distributor. Or the lfs itself may not be familiar with it and imagine it's a new/rare fish and are pricing accordingly. I've seen it before, lfs imagines they have a new, rare, or expensive fish simply because it's new to them.
Possibly. I bought 4 other cyps from the same lfs less than a year ago, same species of fish but not F1 and he charged me $30 each. I can't imagine double the price just because they're F1.

I think he thought because I was so anxious for him to get me more that I'd be willing to pay that high price.

I just called Wet Spot and their's are still too young to sex.

Thanks

Stephen

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store