What to do with 90?

Jhncf

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
My 260 is due to be delivered in 2 weeks so i'm trying to decide what to do with my 90 when I move the stock to the new tank. I was thinking maybe a wet pet.. Any ideas on a large personable fish that would do well on its own? My Oscar is really personable and knows me apart from other people, always up at the front of the tank begging for food and lets me stroke him in the water but he gets on great with other fish so will be going into the new tank. Was thinking maybe a FH or something similar? On the other hand i'm thinking I could try an African cichlid tank for the first time, the colours are amazing and you can stock heavily.. Ideas?

Jhncf

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
Native fish? Minnows, sticklebacks, perch, roach, brown trout and pike mostly. I think I might try the Africans, hope they keep me entertained as much as Americans, always full of personality!

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
How about a nice school of longear sunfish?

Sent from my SCH-R830C

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Native fish? Minnows, sticklebacks, perch, roach, brown trout and pike mostly. I think I might try the Africans, hope they keep me entertained as much as Americans, always full of personality!
That would make a nice tank, the natives that is! Just skip the brownies and pike :)

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
I'd put in a breeding pair of some kind of substrate spawning cichlid
lyonsi, la ceiba freddies, paratilapia sp., just to name a few great options for a tank like that

festaefred

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2012
vancouver,washington
I think a great fish would be a bard midas. I kept one that needed a lot of attention, watched tv with me( strange right ) and played with ping pong balls all day. He loved when i scratched his N.hump

Sent from my LG-LS970 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
I made mine into a community. a bunch of cories and otos, 2 rubber lipped plecos, and some raibow cichlids.
still deciding on top fish, probably some hatchets.
I added a female betta too, felt sorry for her little blue ass in that tiny cup.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Get a flowerhorn ! Mine gets so excited to see me he will practically do freakin back flips in the water when I get home. He isn't just motivated by food, trust me he would rather let me put my hand in the tank and pet him then eat! Flowerhorns are very personable and they can distinguish who is their owners or not. I am the only one he allows to reach in the tank. Anyone else he bites. He drew blood from my brother once because my brother thought the fish was just a wuss because he saw me put my hand in and the fish did nothing haha. They will go to the side of the tank you are on as well. In my room I have several tanks and while I'm watching my other tanks he will sit there and stare at me waiting for me to go back to him. I got this flowerhorn for my 60 gallon. He will need to be up graded soon. But by far if you want a real wet pet for that tank size that is not only a glass banger but a personable fish, a true wet pet go with a ZZ or SRD flowerhorn they would be my first pick. Thai silks are nice too just picked one up myself. But either way you decide to go I'm sure you will be happy with your 90 gallon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store