Silver aro and ckf

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
So they have been living together for at least 6 months, maybe 8. They would fight here or there and the ckf would have some marks but would heal up and be fine for awhile. But the past few nights as soon as the lights are out they are attacking each other. Both have messed up fins and bodies especially the ckf. Do I separate or let them work it out lol

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Maybe you just need another large fish or two in there to distract the aro and ckf. I personally hate to see fish fight and cause injury to one another. It usually means they're not meant to be together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I hate when they fight too. Cause they look so pretty at 100% health. When the fins are nipped and body damaged it looks bad

raymondk394

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
san bernadino
They have a long line of bad blood with each other honestly every time I would have a clown knife and Arowana together they would fight each other

Sent from my SGH-T599N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Put some dither fish in there like large SD 's or tinfoil barbs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
its that clown knife jumping him in his sleep. could just be a really aggressive ck. i bet if you add dithers he'll kill them.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
There are bichirs and red bay snooks in this tank as well. No problems with any other fish. I have 2 large SD in a quarantine tank healing up I can add them

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
its that clown knife jumping him in his sleep. could just be a really aggressive ck. i bet if you add dithers he'll kill them.
No it's the aro, it hates that ckf. The ckf is getting the worst of it and is finally hiding behind driftwood, but the aro is trying to get behind the driftwood to get it.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
thats crazy. any experience i have with aros, theyre the ones usually being punked.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store