What do with terrible online fish seller

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
I heard of an online vendor on this website and upon visiting their website realized they had many of the rare fish I have been wanting at a very fair price, so I placed an order. Problem was I sent the Paypal over a month ago and still haven't received my fish. I am getting very frustrated. Looking back over all the messages with the seller, he has said he was going to mail the fish on ____day at least 10 occasions and has yet to actually do it. I don't want to make him mad or I'm afraid I'll never get my fish or they will will be poorly packed intentionally, but what can I do? I want the fish, but if he won't send them I want my money back.

AndrewBl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Ellicott City, MD
Better to walk away now and try to get your money back through PayPal. He either doesn't have the fish or never had them to begin with. It's not worth the trouble.

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Yeah, that's what I think I'm going to try. The weird thing is it that it's a business I heard recommend several times on here. Though recently I heard something negative...

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Would have been prudent to ask once you saw the negative comment. We've banned a couple of dealers this year for falling off on their customer service.
The stress of this transaction isn't worth the deal. Take steps towards getting your money back now. You may have to pay a bit more for quality service later but, it'll be worth it in the long run.

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
I heard of an online vendor on this website and upon visiting their website realized they had many of the rare fish I have been wanting at a very fair price, so I placed an order. Problem was I sent the Paypal over a month ago and still haven't received my fish. I am getting very frustrated. Looking back over all the messages with the seller, he has said he was going to mail the fish on ____day at least 10 occasions and has yet to actually do it. I don't want to make him mad or I'm afraid I'll never get my fish or they will will be poorly packed intentionally, but what can I do? I want the fish, but if he won't send them I want my money back.
You are a better person than I. Good people finish last. You need to be more assertive with this vendor, as you ARE NOT IN THE WRONG HERE!

IMO you have already seriously damaged your likelihood of getting Paypal to reimburse you given the extreme period of time that you allowed to go by. Don't give crooked mail orders vendors this kind of ammunition if you plan on doing mail order business for live fish.

IMO you are best to not worry about getting this vendor that is ______ you along upset with you.

Lastly, it is totally unimaginable to think that this vendor would intentionally poorly pack a shipment with a live delivery guarantee. That is just silly.

I don't even get it, if these rare fish arrive all alive in cruddy packaging, what does that matter? You are not keeping them in the packaging for long after receipt anyway!

That is like you buying a 1OZ 24K gold bar from me, and not wanting to upset me, because I might tinkle on it before I ship it to you?

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
This must be gage at cichlidconnection

Sent from my XT1031 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

poppalina

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Boston
I would let him know that within 24hrs you want fish or money and if not, plaster his name all over the forums.

allvol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
memphis
This must be gage at cichlidconnection

Sent from my XT1031 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
my thoughts exactly had to file a paypal dispute with him a few months ago to get my money back.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Probably advertising fish he doesn't have on hand, and then stalling as long as he can in hoping he can maximize his order before he himself orders it from his vendor/distributor just to save on the shipping and maximizing his profit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store