Official Name my Fish Competition!

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Hey there everybody!

So, I traditionally ALWAYS name my fish. Whether it be a cool name like Galactus for my giant snakehead, something silly like Mr. Puffs for my puffer fish, or something lazy like Oscar for my Oscar fish, I always give them a name. I have recently acquired a new permanent residence for my 90g, a Polypterus teugelsi (was a damn good deal too, $20 for a 6" WC...sign me up). Problem is I'm stumped on what to name this guy, I just can't seem to find a fit.

2014-09-12 11.04.57.jpg2014-09-12 11.09.14.jpg
So the contest is simple, entrance fee is FREE, and the prize is that your idea becomes immortalized in my tank forever (IE you get to name my fish). The only restriction i have is that if you pick a name make sure it can be written down in the same characters Roman/Latin (IE same you use for English). Other than that no culture, theme, or wtv is off limits, if your idea is to call my fish Calogero because you have a Sicilian uncle post it :D. Also the only other restriction is 1 post and 5 names max per person, I don't know if a lot of people will bother to post on this thread but just in case in order to make easier to pick a name and identify who posted it I'm gona put that rule.

With that I say GL and HF with this everybody :D I know I will!

2014-09-12 11.04.57.jpg

2014-09-12 11.09.14.jpg

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
Martha

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Just to add, ill give everybody until September 20th to submit ideas :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
Just gonna add that is was a steal because its a p. palmas polli haha

How about thomas?

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
No you have a palmas polli haha, the p. stands for polypterus, so written out you have a polypterus palmas polli. It is a species of the palmas complex out of three.

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
No you have a palmas polli haha, the p. stands for polypterus, so written out you have a polypterus palmas polli. It is a species of the palmas complex out of three.
Ahhh ok, ya i realized i might have made an error when what u said showed up lol. Are they rarer? I figured i had a good deal to begin with but wasnt sure as to how good lol. I figured if a sen costs me $10 at a pet shop and a dehlzi is $30, $20 for wtv i had is good lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
This is a baby tueg...

And this is an adult polli...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store