One less in the wild

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
It's the human's fault! There's one less fish swimming in the river! :eek:

Kind of made the mistake of importing this 12" highback from Asia!

Although it's as long as my Armatus, but the Armatus got freaked out by its pressence! >.<"

In the process of selling this dat too!

1293.jpg

1294.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What are you saying...was this fish recently captured or what? If so its hard to believe it hasn't been already been fished for and eaten,lucky fish to have made it to that size.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
well, to keep it short! I like this fish, so I brought it! But it is making my other fishes in the tank like living hell! So I have to sell this datnoid back out! >.<"

What are you saying...was this fish recently captured or what? If so its hard to believe it hasn't been already been fished for and eaten,lucky fish to have made it to that size.
It was captured a few months ago, quarantined, on massivores and now it's in my tank! :eek:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good save and glad it didn't wind up as someone's supper.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Good save and glad it didn't wind up as someone's supper.
Or you can have it for supper for 550 obo *deal of a life time* :D Very sweet meat! :D It's not contaminated with human made food yet! :p

It's not aggressive at all, but it loves to nudge (it even nudge on my stingray) and swim around the tank constantly.

Characin species is the MOST skittish @#$#@$#@$ fish in the world, if something this big swim close to them, it will make them very nervous! That's what happen in my tank right now, my GATF and Armatus won't go near it and they will swim away when this fish approach.

And we all know, when an Armatus stressed out, it won't eat, and I am a bit worry about that right now! >.<"

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Are you serious....$550..not exactly a deal of a lifetime as I have gotten them cheaper but anyhow...too bad it is such a pain in the ass bringing fish back from Canada or I would be tempted to make a road trip.If I were in your position I would just leave the armatus be and let it get used to the dat being there.As long as the Widebar does not bother with or attack the armatus it should eventually come around.I haven't had many but every armatus that I have had,including my current one,has gone on a fast for reasons of their own,sometimes lasting up to a month before they start eating again.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Are you serious....$550? Too bad it is such a pain in the ass bringing fish back from Canada or I would be tempted to make a road trip.If I were in your position I would just leave the armatus be and let it get used to the dat being there.As long as the Widebar does not bother with or attack the armatus it should eventually come around.I haven't had many but every armatus that I have had,including my current one,has gone on a fast for reasons of their own,sometimes lasting up to a month before they start eating again.
OR best OFFER! :D

Yes I am pretty serious, you all know me, I sell the cheapest CT / ST in this board from time to time! :D Why can't you be my neighbor?!? Q.Q"

Ontario, Canada is just BS! Nobody wants it! The people that wants to buy never uses the internet! People are more into Arowana, and high end stingrays! not datnoids! :x

I don't mind if you make a few bucks off from me for my stupidity, (I can make it back from work) I just want the fish to be happy as I believe in fish karma! :D

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's not stupidity on your part...more like a matter of location dictating prices somewhat and you not being a price gouger.Hope it does go to a good home.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
As long as the Widebar does not bother with or attack the armatus it should eventually come around.I haven't had many but every armatus that I have had,including my current one,has gone on a fast for reasons of their own,sometimes lasting up to a month before they start eating again.
Your right, all fish calm down a bit, and the color of the dat turned a bit dull.

As for the gatf and the armatus, they are chill and doesn't dart around the tank like crazy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store