White stringy poop

scandel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2011
kuwait
Hi all well im back again with another question
I just got a replacement male flowerhorn i have had him for 4 weeks now. He was great until yesterday. I noticed he had a white cyst in his mouth and today he poo turned white and stringy stuff is coming out of his backside.
I did research it the cyst could be an injury and the poo is from stress. Maybe because i have a female with him but seperated with a partition. The tank is big 450 litters.
I want to treat as follows

Do water chance 20% and feed him pellets soaked in 3% epsom salt water mixture for the stress and use maybe tea tree oil or iodine directly on the cyst

Any advice as to weather or not to proceed with this treatment??

Oh and i lost my previouse male fh from dropsy.. dont k ow if that is an issue.
And i dont want to use medication cuz that will just stress him out more and from my experiences its not good

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

scandel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2011
kuwait
Last time I treated my fish with medication he died. So I'm not sure I wanna risk medication.

He ate some food ( soaked in epsom salt) after I treated the cyst with tea tree oil. I'm gonna keep doing it once a day for five days see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

scandel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2011
kuwait
His lip is getting worse I'm still treating with melafix directly on his lip cyst and I have started inserting a 3% water epsom sal mixture with api general cure directly into his stomach using a dropper.. But I'm more worried about his lip.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store