I am selling my 125 gallon!

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I have officially decided to sell my 125 gallon setup. I made a big mistake by purchasing this 125 gallon tank. I feel like I am in way over my head. Every since I bought it I have been nothing but stressed out with my hobby. Multiple tanks just aren't for me. I am ready to get back to the simple life of only having to worry about one tank and one stock. Besides I feel like the 125 is more tank then I want to deal with and I want my livingroom back 6 feet is just too big for my livingroom. All I every really want to keep is a jack dempsey with dithers and I think my 60 gallon is big enough for that. Now I just hope I am able to sell my 125 for the amount I bought it for. I just really needed to vent. Thanks for reading

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
You will not get what you paid for it but if it causing stress let it go . this hobby is suppose to be relaxing. I used to have a fish room with 9 tanks going 20L -----125. I have kept all times of freshwater fish through my 40 plus years of fishkeeping. I now have a 33 long with black ruby barbs and roseline sharks and I love it. My only tank now and the hobby is no longer a chore but a fun hobby. Multiple tanks aren't for everyone and nothing wrong with enjoying 1 tank.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
You will not get what you paid for it but if it causing stress let it go . this hobby is suppose to be relaxing. I used to have a fish room with 9 tanks going 20L -----125. I have kept all times of freshwater fish through my 40 plus years of fishkeeping. I now have a 33 long with black ruby barbs and roseline sharks and I love it. My only tank now and the hobby is no longer a chore but a fun hobby. Multiple tanks aren't for everyone and nothing wrong with enjoying 1 tank.
Thanks for understanding.

ad88

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
Oklahoma
If you stock the 125 with the jd and dithers then you won't need to do a water change except once a month depending on your feeding habits and you won't take a big loss from selling your tank.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Sad to see the bigger tank going but not everyone can handle them. Smaller tanks are much easy to care for. Just remember to keep the correct sized fish for the tank :)

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
I had multiple tanks at one point and decided it was taking the enjoyment out of the hobby. I now have one 120. I was actually debating between the 120 and the 125. I went with the 120 because it is 2' shorter and fit in my living room better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

suprd71

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2012
North Bay Ontario Canada
If you stock the 125 with the jd and dithers then you won't need to do a water change except once a month depending on your feeding habits and you won't take a big loss from selling your tank.
LOL.. once a month water change?? Following advice like that is what turns people away from the hobby.

ad88

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
Oklahoma
LOL.. once a month water change?? Following advice like that is what turns people away from the hobby.
Yeah I can see how doing a water change once a month instead of once a week will drive someone from the hobby! I know we all get into the hobby to make our fish tanks a daily chore.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Idk if I am gonna be able to sell the 125 gallon. I haven't gotten any hits on it. I would love if I could just trade it for a 4 foot tank. That would give me the extra space I want in my living room.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store