What Kinds Of Fish To Add To A Tank First?

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey Everyone,

Im trying to down pack on what should the stock list be for the 150 as hopefully it draws to an end of cycling soon. 48x24x30

-Blue Face Angel (the one at the lfs there for months was sold...pissed so I'm undecided on this one)
-Australian Harlequin TuskFish my lfs gets them in next month unsure on size...but really like them
-Long Nose Hawkfish
-Yellow Tang
-Big Sand sifting goby like Diamond or other suggestions

^^Personally Feel Definite list^^^

Other possible fish to add on

-Big Blue Chromis
-Antenetta Lion Fish (Really like this fish, but not a must probably the idea of smaller chromes instead to fill in the top of the tank will be better)
-Green Bird Wrasse

At first I was thinking Blue Face first...than start quarantining the next 4 fish being tusk/hawk/tang/goby before being add in. Now that the long established blue face is unavailable unless another one thats been at the store since last week is still there (possibly would like it) I may go with a tusk as the first resident..no quarantine it will be the first fish in there, other fish after will be quarantine.

Only problem is if the tusk is first will it get to aggressive and eventually cause me to change my rock work when adding fish or should i put in the least aggressive fish first and worm my way u and if so what do you recommend as an order.

Any tips or suggestions (any fish that reaches the 12 inch mark in my tank will most likely be rehomed since I feel that 12 inch is the max length for this tank.) or what fish to get, add or remove?

Looking for great colors and interesting looking fish

muttley000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
West Unity, OH
If you insist on the blue face in this small of tank (which I suspect will give you fits inside of a year) I would go in reverse of the order you have your definite list written.

chris1990

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
china
you could add some black mollies to help the cycling , they should be acclimatise to seawater first .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store