Now I'm confused!

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Today I went to my lfs where I had previously purchased my green terror. To my surprise All of the GT's from the same batch at the store were atleast double the size of mine. I must be doing something wrong! What could it be? What would cause my gt to hardly grow at all when its siblings have doubled almost trippled in size?

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
That's not a very likely scenario. I'd guess they got in another larger batch. Fish at lfs are fed minimally as they really aren't looking for growth or extra waste.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I agree. other than that bad water quality, diet and stress. not suggestion any of that in your case but only scenario that would seem plusable(sp) if they did not get a new shipment in.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Agree with the last two posts. Infact, whenever I have pick up ANY fish from the LFS, it seems my fish has doubled in size of the LFS stock

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
One of our LFS change water all the time and feed heavier so you never know. In no way to disregard the above posts. I think they feed good quality food too, pretty good shop, good people, spotless tanks, never sick and never dead fish left in. Now if I could just get them to move to my side of town lol.

So the shop told you they are from the same batch?

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
they saw that you were coming and swapped out all the little ones with the larger ones. its a conspiracy.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I was there right when they opened and I saw them feeding them. I must admit they feed really heavy but there are alot of fish in the tanks too.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store