Red tail catfish help

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
So guys got a rtc today and I didn't know it would be so small, the thing is it's literally two inches the other fish pick on it but I'm sure they won't kill it, he's just two inches, can you guys help me in some way. How should I feed it, i can't feed it meat it's so small, what I'm doing is that I'm getting medium pellets and I Crush it into a powder form so that it sinks, and so that it fits in its mouth will it survive? Am I feeding him in a right way. Please first picture the guy that picks on him
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Rtc are very easy to feed but crushing pellets will make a mess. Buy some sinking pellets or better yet cut up worms or tilapia/shrimp. That cat will quickly out grow your parrot.

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
He will be ok but soon you will have to keep him well fed or he will eat his tank mates.

SuperDave

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2008
C.A
hi, any way you can make a tank divider until he gets bigger? When I got my Oscars they were just a inch big and I had to do something to raise them until they were large enough not to get eaten.

So I used some plexiglass but you could use something else. I then drilled a bunch of holes in to allow some flow, i also had a small filter with them. The wife called it "The Kindergarten" :D
22.jpg

22.jpg

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Rtc are very easy to feed but crushing pellets will make a mess. Buy some sinking pellets or better yet cut up worms or tilapia/shrimp. That cat will quickly out grow your parrot.
It's just that I want it to eat pellets no meat. It destroys the water quality it's really small are you sure, and brother it didn't start eating yet

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Cut up shrimp, it doesn't effect your water quality unless you are under filtered a lot

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Keep it separated. No sense in making it stay in with the hybrid and getting picked on. Will end up with shredded fins at the least.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store