Best looking Juvenile American Cichlid.

Reel Em In AquaticTrading

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2014
Blackburn, England
Hi all, thought I would ask something different to the regularly asked questions.

In your opinion, what is the best looking JUVENILE American Cichlid? Both Central & Southern Americans are eligible to be entered into the discussion. Pictures of the Juveniles would be preffered but not essential.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
I think a juvenile festae is really pretty
also a juvenile electric blue jack dempsey

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
Juvi salvini or juvi jack dempsey

Sent from my SCH-R830C

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Firemouth. Of all the cichlids I have had over the years they would be my choice hands down. I fact, to me they look more vibrant when young and loose a lot of sparkle as they age. Kind of the reverse of everything else.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Juvenile convict. I have one just now, will get pics later; nice barring, and bluey shimmer along the dorsal fin.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
1. Salvini - Even though I don't care for them out of all juvies they are the brightest colored Juvies.

2. Green Terrors - They have the cutest look the are so tough looking even though they are tiny.

3. Convicts

Reel Em In AquaticTrading

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2014
Blackburn, England
Salvini are lovely juveniles I have to agree there. Trouble with American cichlids is how a lot of them are late bloomers. I sell American Cichlids locally and because they look mostly drab and colourless at young ages we get overlooked a lot of the time. Our Jack Dempseys have started colouring up now and I have noticed a bigger increase in interest. I love Firemouth young, got to agree on how they look nice young as well.

JackDempsey72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
Bristol/uk
Red shoulder severum, convict, green terror, sajica, ellioti, Oscars are some juveniles I think are best

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store