Paroon shark not eating? Should i be worried?

jwowoski

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New York
Recently the other day I moved my baby paroon shark from a 10 gallon tank to a 55 tank. He's about 4.5 inches now. Eats bloodworms and pellets. He pounds them but he hasn't even tried eating anything yet. Should I be worried or not?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Taking several days to adjust to a new tank is about average. It can be hours, even minutes, or 1-2 weeks too. So if the water is perfect for your paroon and there are no other stress factors (good aeration, no bullying, etc.), I'd sit tight and observe and wait it out.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The tank size should not be an issue considering how big the paroon is but I am not sure why they just stop eating.I have had smaller ones in the past just up and stop eating out of nowhere without being moved.Perhaps you could try some guppies to see if the small prey would attract the paroon to go after them.

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
I moved my paroons to indoor pond and it took almost 2 weeks for them to eat like they should. I seen icks killed a batch of paroon but haven't seen a paroon die from starvation as long it swimming around like they do it fine. I did notice my 4 paroon in they past seem to like the ph on the acid side when I do water change they loose their appetite.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store