Status
Not open for further replies.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Hey guys
Asa few of you know I picked up a henlei based hybrid from my lfs. Right when I took him home his disk started to curl. I kept the lights off and added melafix and it wen away. He was eating and doing very well, until my giant gourami attacked him. I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back. And since the lfs wouldnt give me my money back even though the fish was very skinny and malnurished when I got it home.
I have now learned my lesson and I will only buy rays from reputable dealers and since I really want a ray other than my male reticulated and since I just spent a large amount of money on the henlei that died, I cant afford another one but I can afford one of the cheaper rays.
I would prefer a baby just because I like to watch my fish grow up and my budget is $300
If you have another kind of ray (other than reticulated) and is under $300 dollars I will defenitely consider it.
I have lots of things to trade if you'd prefer to make a trade
thanks

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Hey guys
Asa few of you know I picked up a henlei based hybrid from my lfs. Right when I took him home his disk started to curl. I kept the lights off and added melafix and it wen away. He was eating and doing very well, until my giant gourami attacked him. I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back. And since the lfs wouldnt give me my money back even though the fish was very skinny and malnurished when I got it home.
I have now learned my lesson and I will only buy rays from reputable dealers and since I really want a ray other than my male reticulated and since I just spent a large amount of money on the henlei that died, I cant afford another one but I can afford one of the cheaper rays.
I would prefer a baby just because I like to watch my fish grow up and my budget is $300
If you have another kind of ray (other than reticulated) and is under $300 dollars I will defenitely consider it.
I have lots of things to trade if you'd prefer to make a trade
thanks
Central Ohio Discus, reputable LFS and/or hobbyists as that's the only place I have bought rays and can recommend. Make sure when buying a ray that it isn't skinny and you may have to get rid of you giant gourami as little rays have no way to protect themselves against an attack by such a big fish.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Thanks guys, sounds like CO discus is the way to go
I'll find a new home for the gourami

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Yes I know mike at central Ohio discus and rays. He may still have some in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store