O2-Co2 what!!!

mike_sema

Hail Hogs
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2008
HOT Water
My lesson for the year is do not grab the Co2 tank when packing fish thinking it's the O2 tank. Long story short basically an easy way to kill packed fish. After standing there looking at some SD upside down in the bags that they have been in only a few minuets, I realized I should have never got up this morning. Killed 3 out of 20 being shipped.
The lesson- Pay attention.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
In industry, white denotes O2 cylinders and gray is for CO2. But, I guess, in the aquarium hobby you can tag O2 tanks Blue (for fish water) and CO2 tanks Green (for plants). Mount the tags between the tank and regulator as you install the regulator on a new tank. That way there'll be no confusion. If you're color blind, Use 2 tags marked O2 and CO2.

mike_sema

Hail Hogs
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2008
HOT Water
In industry, white denotes O2 cylinders and gray is for CO2. But, I guess, in the aquarium hobby you can tag O2 tanks Blue (for fish water) and CO2 tanks Green (for plants). Mount the tags between the tank and regulator as you install the regulator on a new tank. That way there'll be no confusion. If you're color blind, Use 2 tags marked O2 and CO2.
Thanks Oddball I have everything tagged correctly, I had just moved a co2 tank into the fish room the other day and did not even think twice about it this morning. As a vendor I am a bit embarrassed but then again I do not mind sharing my mistakes, it may help a hobbyist.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
It always helps to share mistakes. In 50 years of this hobby, where do you think most of my tips come from? I wasn't born with the knowledge in my DNA. It's more so that the knowledge came from my DOH.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store