Today was the day!

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Today was the day that everything in me was telling me that it was time to break down my 125 gal and thats exactly what I did. So far I have no regrets at all. Hopefully this will put an end to the insanity. My 125 gallon has been up for eight months and I have changed my stock about 6 times. I just want to focus on one tank and I just want to put all of my energy in the fish that first got me into the hobby JACK DEMPSEYS! I have a possible pair in my 60 gallon with some dithers and that is all I want.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
Don't let my wife read this post.....

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
It's always a hard choice to make but on the bright side you'll have more time for that 1 tank and less stress. GL with the jacks.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Thanks! I just know that I enjoyed this hobby for several years until I just got in over my head with the 125 gallon. True I have more options with the 125 but all I really want is to grow my baby jacks up to adults and I dont really need a 125 just for jacks

johnny potatoes

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
Dewey
You know, I did the same thing with my 350 last year. I had tried a lot of different fish over the years and thought I'd just keep a 150 going. It wasn't long before I lost all interest in the smaller tank and it actually ran for about two months without any fish in it. I ended up taking a 14 hour road trip for a 450 that I just couldn't pass up. I now am growing out a small Jardini for the big tank as I haven't set up the big one yet. I wish you luck in your decision, but that's the disease some of us suffer from. Once you get the fish you've always wanted, you want something else.

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Yeah well I am putting my 125 in the shed for now. Maybe I will set it up again one day. Who knows, but for know I cant wait to get this big tank out of my living room!

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I just miss the simple life. When I first officially got started I had my 60 gallon and my jack dempseys. I always had an interest in dempseys because my mom had a super cool dempsey when I was a kid and that just stuck with me. It got complicated when I started joining forums and got all involved with the massive sized tanks that some people kept. Instead of realizing that I was perfectly content. I felt like my 60 gallon just wasn't good or big enough. That's how I ended up with the 125 gallon. The 125 never bought me the joy that I imagined it would. So I ended up changing my stock just about every month for eight months thinking that would bring back the joy for my hobby. So for me this has been a very expensive lesson, but I now realize that I am happy with just my little ol 60 gallon and for me more tanks does not equal more happiness.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I love having multiple tanks :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store