3x2x2.... Will this work?

rennie_08

Feeder Fish
May 12, 2011
Lake Munmorah
Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum but I have been stalking this forum for a fair while, full of information!!!

I currently have a 3x2x2 running off a sump in my bed room and it is quite loud and the pump that is running the sump (aquaone 105 maxi) is very very loud and somewhat in reliable and only works when it wants too, I have no fish in the tank yet.

I got the tank for free which has one hole drilled in the top left hand corner on the back panel of glass that is being used for the overflow for the sump.

I am thinking to replace the sump pump with something around the 5000lph mark meaning I will have to drill another hole for the over flow....... I think?

I have been looking into this for sometime now and have came up with a single 25mm outlet is only enough for 2271 lph pump?

If I upgrade my pump to a 5000lph pump and I drill another 25mm hole for dual overflows and them drill another single 25mm hole on the other side for the return is this going to be ample?

With the 2x 25mm holes for overflows does this mean the pump in the sump returning the water to the tank needs to pump at least 4542lph?
If this is the case will I need bigger than a single 25mm hole for my return?

I am so so so very confused, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

Chris

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store