New products at Petsmart any good?

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
So I was getting some supplies at my local Petsmart and I often window shop the fish section for equipment that might be on sale and I noticed some new additions. I'm just curious if anyone has tried these things out and if they are any good or if they are gimmicky items designed to separate suckers from their money. LOL One is called "All-In-One Remedy" for bacterial, fungal and parasitic outbreaks from Marineland, another is beneficial "Aquarium Bacteria" from Marineland (i.e. "instant aquarium starter"), and the last is an Eheim "Quick Vac Pro" that cleans gravel and removes sludge without the need for hoses and buckets.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1410996824.612339.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1410996833.748798.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1410996841.591823.jpg

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The "All-In-One Remedy" really is nothing new, basically the same as the Tetra Lifeguard. Likely because its all from United Pet Group it is just rebadged under Marineland for those who think Tetra is not that great.
http://www.unitedpetgroup.com

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
I try not to buy to much at petsmart as the last two times I bought fish there they threw in ICK for free.

Rich

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
The "All-In-One Remedy" really is nothing new, basically the same as the Tetra Lifeguard. Likely because its all from United Pet Group it is just rebadged under Marineland for those who think Tetra is not that great.
http://www.unitedpetgroup.com
Makes sense. I know they do that a lot in this hobby (and many others) to make a buck while the hobbyists think they are supporting their desired brand.

I try not to buy to much at petsmart as the last two times I bought fish there they threw in ICK for free.

Rich
Oh I won't touch their livestock. It's always so poorly taken care of that if it survives, it get a disease or comes with a parasite. But that is big businesses for you. Always out to make you need to come back and buy more stuff.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

wrslrcichlid

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Battle Creek, MI
I have a buddy who uses the eheim quick vac and loves it. About 15 -20 minutes after feeding he vacuums around getting any excess food (if there is any) and any of the feces that have collected. I would have one, but with my current fish just don't need it. Once I move and get my 125g tanks set back up I will definitely be getting one.

It just keeps the tank looking fresh for longer between water changes.

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
I have the eheim quick vac. Be ready for battery replacements. When using new/rechargeable batteries, its great. I've also noticed the impeller can get damaged if there's sand in your tank. Keeping the collection area free from detrius helps with quick vac as well.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store