Fish sugestions please

Gema

Feeder Fish
Sep 18, 2014
New Zealand
I would like some suggestions for a 37g tank. It has odd dimensions 60 x 12 x 12"
I would like a single semi large-ish fish, something interesting.
Thanks

Akobaye

Feeder Fish
Sep 8, 2014
United States
If you're not looking for convicts, you could always try a Salvini cichlid. Very colorful, about the same size (when mature) as convicts, and have a similar temperament. You also might want to try out a Fire Mouth cichlid, and or Blue Rams (although Blue rams are smaller at maturity and aren't as aggressive as other cichlids.) Hope this was helpful but with an odd shape tank like that I believe it might be hard to find a single large cichlid to occupy it.

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
is it only cichlids in your list? regarding to cichlids, flowerhorns are the most interesting to me.. my friend breed a pair in a 30g+ tank haha plus, i thinks it's kinda odd to make an only-one semi-size cichlid tank..

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
is it only cichlids in your list? regarding to cichlids, flowerhorns are the most interesting to me.. my friend breed a pair in a 30g+ tank haha plus, i thinks it's kinda odd to make an only-one semi-size cichlid tank.. not planning to make a planted tank? a planted tank with an albino polypterus senegal :)

Heretik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
The Great White North
Flowerhorns are way too large for that size tank

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
The 12" height is your main concern, I find fish tend to get skittish in that depth of water. Saying that, I'd probably do a JD in that tank, tough call though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
The 12" height is your main concern, I find fish tend to get skittish in that depth of water. Saying that, I'd probably do a JD in that tank, tough call though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Jd in a 30g... I somehow don't think that'll work. A potential 10-12" fish in a 24" tank?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store