Elemental O2 VS Danner Pondmaster Air Pumps

DEVIANT NATION

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2013
USA
So far in my aquarium life I have only ever used cheap pumps from local fish stores. Has anyone ever used one or the other of these pumps and can give some ideas or comparisons??? It will be used to fluidize Kaldnes K1 media in a sump and also have a split off for an air stone in the tank. What I am most curious in knowing is this.

How noise they are?
How is their lifespan and durability?

DEVIANT NATION

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2013
USA
Really? Nobody has used either of these?

So what kind of air pumps does everyone use to make their kaldnes K1 fluidize then?

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I use the pond master ap100 on a few of my larger tanks and ponds. I use k1 in all of them. I love the pump, it isn't too loud, and moves a ton of air. The negative? I've replaced 5 diagrams in around 2 years on 3 pumps. The rebuild kits are fairly cheap, I bought a dozen. But these pumps do require periodic maintenance.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DEVIANT NATION

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2013
USA
I use the pond master ap100 on a few of my larger tanks and ponds. I use k1 in all of them. I love the pump, it isn't too loud, and moves a ton of air. The negative? I've replaced 5 diagrams in around 2 years on 3 pumps. The rebuild kits are fairly cheap, I bought a dozen. But these pumps do require periodic maintenance.

Mental note buy rebuild kits when ordering pump. ;) Thank you!

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
That was supposed to say diaphragms. Sorry

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Same here on the AP100 in same application. I get a full year on a diaphragms.

DEVIANT NATION

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2013
USA
Thanks guys. Another question though is the air flow on the pondmaster AP100s adjustable or is it just strait up full flow. Because I really don't need that much flow now but for only $10-$20 more to get it over the AP60 if I can dial it back a little and then have something to grow into. If it doesn't come adjustable can a valve be put in line to dial it down or is that hard on the diaphragm? Or would you recommend I just go with the AP60?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I seemed to blow out diaphragms faster with little to no backpressure (using drilled PVC as opposed to actual air stones)

You can't have too much air. IF you do you simply don't have enough fish tank..... Add more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store