VIeja

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I have had this guy now for at least three years. His color has never been great and always kind of shy. I have tried him in a a lot of tanks and no big differences. Now that I am moving I had to rearrange tanks and he got down graded to a 55g with a mixed school of SDs and some polys. The fish has never been happier. He is eating more aggressively then ever and his color is great. Showing a really nice steel blue with some awesome red coming through. The pictures don't' depict as well as I would like but still not bad. Hard to tell size but probably 8 to 10 inches

LONE_WOLF

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga
I'd say fenestratus. Nice fish. It probably feels like a boss now. try to feed it some veggies mine like romaine lettuce or dried seaweed red and green are fine.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
It's funny every time I post a picture of this guy I always get different IDs. It's not always straight forward.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
No BB genes. Fenestratus has vertical barring, and I can see faintly 2 bars on the first pic. The only unknown is whether it will turn out to be a pink or marble fenestratus when the fish matures. Whenever a fish cannot be positively identified, there will always be suggestions that it is a hybrid. There is far less accidental hybridization of CAs in circulation than Africans because CAs need big tanks to breed, and only serious hobbyists invest in big tanks to keep CAs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store