What's your preferred hang on back of tank power filter and why?

apastuszak

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2010
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphack.com
I have been using Aquaclear filters for YEARS and I love ém. They came highly recommended by the rec.aquaria Usenet newsgroups. I went out and bought a Aquaclear 150 and have never looked back. I have 3 of the things now and they're still going strong.

I used to try all sorts of new power filter designs. In my box of discarded filters I have a Cannistar Power Filter, A Second Nature WDF, a Whisper 1, a Penguin 150, an original Marineland Emporer, A Dynaflo 150 and some sold Marineland filter I don't even know the name of. Heck, I even have one of those Second Nature Diatomagic filters, which I still use.

For some reason, when I switched to the Aquaclear, I stopped looking at all the new filters coming out.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Back in my multi tank days I had 3 ac 110's a few 30's and a few minis. They were the best hang on back filters I've ever owned. I never had one break and rarely changed media. The only downfall was the flow slows down quickly but I see that as a good thing as you know its doing its job

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
AC for many of my tanks, you can double the sponge and easily add whatever media inside

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store