noisy eheim 2260

freelanderuk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2012
UK
My second hand eheim 2260 was a bit noisy and rattly , so a new shaft and impeller sorted out some of the rattles , but still not quiet , i stripped down the pump plate and found that one of the rubber shock/vibration mounts had sheared it base, i searched all of the ehiem parts catalog and could not find them but came across a website selling computer water cooling equipment and they did a vibration kit which looked the same as fitted too the 2260 , i ordered them and when they arrived i found that they are a direct replacement , removed the old hard and broken ones and replaced with the nice new soft ones , i can hardly hear the pump at all , in fact i think my eheim 2080 is louder

IMG_0177_zpsfbe0c108.jpg

this is the company i got them from, its a UK company but you should be able to find most places i would think

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop...ing--Eheim--Hydor-Pumps--4-Pack-pid-4169.html

hope this helps someone

IMG_0177_zpsfbe0c108.jpg

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
LOL......

I will never find this post by the time I need them.

freelanderuk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2012
UK
Glad to help guys , the new vibration mounts have made a hell of a difference , the old ones had turned to a stiff rubber and the new ones are very soft

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store