Rotkeils all ill. Pls help.

Shinnok

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2011
London, UK
It must have happened over the last two days. I just noticed I did not have my heater plugged in for the last few days.... Would metronidazole work in this case?

They are still all eating. Strange thing is, my Red spot severums and notatus are looking fine. It is just the Rotkeils which look in such dire state. White spots and some parts which look like funugus (?) to me?

Doing a 50% water change as we speak.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Keep the water clean and treat in a bath for 30 mins. once a day for five days with one table spoon of salt per 5 gallons of water and one teaspoon of Meth blue per 5 gallons of water. For the bath you could use a 5 gallon bucket or a small container. Use tank water from the main tank and do a water change while the fish is in the bath. The main tank can be treated with salt at the same doasge as the bath with out the MB which is hard on benificial bacteria and should be used only in the bath.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
It looks like a fungal infection but it could have both. Either way the salt and MB should get it. Keep us posted, if it doesn't improve or looks worse we can swith treatments but I tink it should be pretty stright foward.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store