Carpintis good wet pets?

piscavore pisces

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2005
worldwide
How's it going everyone I been out the fish game a little while due to a change in work and working way too many hours to be able to keep the hobby. That being said I miss all the fish and tanks I sold and gave away. I just can't keep away so I've decided to keep a single cichlid pair due to their hardiness and interactiveness. I was first thinking of going the flowerhorn route because I love the way they interact and are just like puppies in the water. Do carpintis act similar to say a flowerhorn or red devil? I had a female escondido back in 2005 but unforately she was picked on so I never really got to see her real personality. What are your experiences with carpintis? Are they glass ramming finger chasers like FH or RD? I was planning on getting maybe 5-7 1"ers and hoping a pair bonds out of the group then rehome the rest. Please share your experiences.

piscavore pisces

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2005
worldwide
damnit sorry just realized i poted this in the media lounge. mods can we move this to the right spot please? sorry been a while since i posted on this forum

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Carpintis i had were a breeding pair, so they interacted with each other and other fish--didn't know I was alive. I don't know how they'd act alone in a tank. If you want interactive lone fish as a Wet Pet, look at the Amphilophus species. Trimac perhaps? Midas? Maybe a Chancho?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Carpintis i had were a breeding pair, so they interacted with each other and other fish--didn't know I was alive. I don't know how they'd act alone in a tank. If you want interactive lone fish as a Wet Pet, look at the Amphilophus species. Trimac perhaps? Midas? Maybe a Chancho?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I agree. Also some parachromis are very personal. My loisellie is, and I have seen some jags that are too. Of course there are always Oscars.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store