fishroom build and 800 gallon tropical pond

mattman9000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2014
manchester, england
Hi im matt im new to mfk, ive just moved house and i have a garage so decided on a fish room, i currently have 2 10" tiger oscars, 1 16" giant gourami, 2 8" paroon sharks, 2 6" lima shovelnose catfish, 1 4" rtc, 3 plecs 8" 8" and 12", 8" black ghost knife fish, and a small catfish about 7" cant remember the name, theyre all in a temp koi holding tank, they out grew the 100g tank. So in the garage i have replaced all the windows with double glazing and framed and insulated the walls, im not trained at all very basic skills in building but giving it a go, im in the uk so keeping it warm is the main concern for me at the moment. I'll be updating this with pics as i build, the pond should be built in the next 3 weeks.

mattman9000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2014
manchester, england
This is everything i did the last 2 weeks, ive just finished the electrics today, ive fitted a consumer unit and sockets,and installed the sump filter and started to cycle the filter with ammonia, all my main filters and uv etc are still in use on the holding tank. Which will be installed when the pond is in. The pond will be a corner pond with the two straight edges being 7ft then a 10ft curved front about 2ft/3ft deep not decided yet and will be make from concrete blocks and foam insulation and a rubber liner

mattman9000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2014
manchester, england
I also forgot to mention im doing this on a budget, my current cost are
£150 second hand windows
£50 moisture boards (false ceiling from local shop shutting down)
Lights free included with ceiling
£100 timber
£50 insulation
Comsumer unit and electics free!
£50 Sealant and fittings etc

mattman9000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2014
manchester, england

This is the space where the pond is going, its not massive but the biggest i can make, im going for a amazonian style pool with tropical plants and reptiles and a few tonnes of rock and bog wood

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store