Purigen dosage?

Torchia32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
California
Hey guys, I have a 125g and just added some purigen to my fx6. I estimated my tank to have about 100 gallons of water in it after you calculate in the space the rocks and decor take up. Would the correct dosage be one of the seachem bags that treat 100 gallons? Or do you recommend more? Can you overdose on this stuff, or the more the better if you don't mind the extra money?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

vr6fan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2010
Waukesha, WI
I use a liter of it on my overstocked 180..I find running extra means less time between recharges...no you cannot over dose the stuff..if your tank will be well stocked I would double your 100 gallon bags...its also nice to have extra around to use when recharging it..purigen is great I highly recommend it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
you cant really over dose on purigen so double/triple the amount will be more effective and expand the time of recharge so you can go crazy with it lol

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I recently put 4 liters of it in my 240 & am having some issues. I haven't figured out if the Purigen has anything to do with it or not. I am concerned that I am starving my BB and will see an ammonia spike for the couple days when it gets recharged. Because of that I am getting another liter to use when that happens, likely 6-8 months down the road.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store