Fatboy delhezi

madjester101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2012
Amarillo TX
Ok so I have had a delhezi out grow my ornate by 2 inches when my ornate was 2 inches bigger bt the time I got my delhezi. So now I just picked another delhezi and ansorgii and delhezi is out growing him now to. I have noticed that both delhezi eat better then all three other species I have. ( the delhezi are fat) Has anyone experienced this as well that is delhezi being better eaters and faster growers.

Vapor315

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Growth rates and feeding habits are all based on the individual fish some eat betters then others. All in all polypterus if they eat typically grow up really quick to their potential sizes

BichirAddict

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2007
Virginia
As previous stated usually they grow pretty quickly. But, all based on individuals. I bought 3 delhezi(1 is wild caught), 1 weeksii, and a black volta 11 months ago. 1 delhezi is about 7" now,1 is 5", and the other one isn't but, 3.5" but, might be moved seems to be outcompeted for food. The Black Volta and weeksii are about 6" or so. All of them I bought around 4" All in the same tank, same food, just based on the fish itself.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
I have 5 different bichirs, and so far the fastest grower is the delhezi, then the endlicheri, followed by the ornatipinnis.
But the endlicheri is the largest, but delhezi is gaining on it fast.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store