I need a bigger house, I think I might have an obbsession...

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
72" x 18" x 21"... I will be completely disassembling the tank and replacing all the poorly done silicone with New black silicone and a steel frame. The glass is all 1/2 inch thick in good condition, but the trim is busted up and nasty.

Might be April, maybe March before it gets water. Planning reverse under gravel through sand, and large canister or sump tank. Lots of plants, and four Rope fish.

Yep, I need a bigger house. This will be number seven, and the largest.

1) 2.5 gallon for feeders
2) 55 gallon variety tank
3) 55 gallon for the Bichir
4) 20 gallon "kid tank" for the 11yr old daughter
5) 20 gallon in the connected apartment
6) 35 gallon Fire belly newt tank

Then this behemoth monster tank for Rope fish... #7...
(I'm 5'10")

sixfoot.JPG

creepyoldguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2010
fishbelly
That 125 will be small soon. You'll want a 180.... then a 240... 360 and so on lol

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
Ya, but for $100, I could not pass on this deal. That, and I don't have the space to go bigger in the house.

creepyoldguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2010
fishbelly
Haha I know what you mean. I have been fish tank - less for about 3 years and will be picking up a 360 this coming sun. It will be my biggest tank. It makes the tanks in the last I thought were big, look small lol.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
When I had only my 150, 2x75s, 100, and a 60gal in the basement, my wife divorced me, she says the fish were the last straw (I know better, it was just me).
I now have 1000 gals in tanks (4 floor jacks keep the house from collapsing), a 500 gal kiddy pool in my sons vacated room (he's off to college) an 800gal pool in the basement, and 2 out door ponds.
Once it starts.........it's like heroin.

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
Looks like I may have to get creative for this new tank. After cutting out about three pounds of old silicone the bottom glass is about 3/8th inch narrower than it should be. I am thinking Marine grade plywood cut to fit, sealed and fiber glassed in then drop the glass into place on top of that, fill the gaps on both sides, and seal it all up. The whole thing will have a steel frame, and be recessed into the stand for support... Should work... Suggestions???

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
I see all this stuff about the obsession and see people going bigger. I started with a 125 (72x18.5x23)and my second tank (125 is still up) is a 37 (32x18x16) qt hospital and as soon as I can get the time to finish the stand/canopy paint/stain then I have a 120 (48x24x24) lol.

MarineMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Southern California
Fish tanks anonymous... Hello my name is Mike and I'm an addict! It started a few years ago with buying a beta for my gf now wife. I didn't like the fish bowl it was in so we upgraded to a 5g hex marineland system. That lasted a few years but got damaged in a move and was without a tank for a while. I later picked up a used 40g and bought some cheep fish for the cats to watch. That tank got me wanting a larger tank. After window shopping and searching a while I convinced my wife to let me get a new 180g tank and stand the beginning of this year. Not 2 months after getting the 180 I found a 300g on craigslist for a price too good to pass up so that got added to the collection. 2 months ago a member here was giving away a leaking 125g for free and was only about 30 miles away so I jumped on that and ended up with a 20g acrylic + stand and canopy for free as well. 125 has been completely re-sealed, up and running for a month now too. And I still want more and bigger tanks. If I only had a truck to haul them in I'd have tried to pick up the other leaking 125g and 220g that members gave away this past month, but 80-100 miles is a long way to drive with a huge tank strapped to the roof of a honda civic.

Future plans once we've bought a larger house involve building a sunroom/fish room with a large 5000g + indoor pond and at least 1 1000-1500 gallon tank. ;) There will be a massive solar power system to prevent $1500 monthly electric bills.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Hi Mike! Admitting you have a problem is the first step. Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store