selling my bichir tank :(

Munger22391

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2013
Reno, NV
So my apartment did a suprise inspection and I guess we are not allowed to have fish tanks :/ so looks like i have to sell my 55g. Since I have had my fish for 3 years it's hard to put a price on them so thought maybe someone could help me out. I have 2 senegal bichirs, male is 10" female is 12". A ropefish that's 14" and a male bristle nose pleco 5". What would be a fair price to try and sell them at? Thanks

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Repost in the market place section and give people location zip code and list everything you need to sell look at the sticky threads for the rules. you will get more intrest in that section of the forum rather than in ancient fish :) good luck with sale hope you can some day get back in the hobby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
He's not really trying to sell so I feel this is the right category. I would sell the bichirs for 30$ each, ropefish 20$ and pleco free. This is what you see in ontario

Bichisaur

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2009
Maryland
I would say $15 for the senegals and 20-25 for rope if you're in the US

Sent from my SGH-T959V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
Man That sux that you have to sell.
I have no idea what they are worth but if I wanted them the 15-30 dollar price range sounds about right.

There is a rope fish & bichir in the market place now that is 3 hours from me and they are free.

If they were closer I'd even pay for them, but even free I'm not making the ride from Scranton to Gettysburg for them.
I think the hard part is going to be finding someone to take them free or for a fee.
the tank may be harder to get rid of. ( sorry to say that) as the 55 can be bought anywhere but still takes up 4 foot.
so it's small enough for the local stores to sell off the shelf but big enough that it takes a "want" to have one.

What I'm really hoping is they gave you time to rehome the stuff or you move and keep the stuff. ( my recommendation)
Rich

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
That's god awful. One more reason to avoid apartments at any cost.

Edit: 30 for the senegals is fair.

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
I wish you were closer to Seattle. I would come get them all and the tank as well as offer you visits. I know how I feel about mine and it would kill me to let them go.

aggressor09

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2007
Queens, NY
Stupid question, and I'm no lawyer, but is this specified in the lease? There are gray areas when considering fish as pets vs. an aquarium as furniture...

It's worth reading up on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store