Tank build questions.

Dam ok

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2014
Denver
Hello all I'm planning on building a good size aquarium when I move in about a month or so and I came across a video series on YouTube of a guy who took I think 2 125 gallon aquariums apart and built a massive 6'x6'x2' tank. I was wondering if something like this would work if I used just the front and back from a 125 gallon tank and had the two side pieces cut as I only want it 6'x3'x2'. Also the bottom of tank was plywood sealed with pond armor.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Built like uareajoey? His was made from two old 6' tanks that had thick glass. As yours will be smaller than his it could work. What thickness glass do you have? And what will you seal it with?

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dam ok

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2014
Denver
The glass on my 125 is 3/8" I think so I would have to get glass from a glass shop that thickness cut to 3' or however wide I want the tank. I was thinking of trying to find a 3' tank and using that glass but it seems unlikely I will find something exact thickness and height I need. And are you asking about sealing the glass together?

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Most tanks of similar size are built with similar thickness glass. And yeah what will join the glass together?

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dam ok

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2014
Denver
Well the guy that built the 6'x6'x2' used I think just silicone to seal the glass panels together. He used a product called pond armor to seek the plywood then silicones the panels in place on top of the plywood base

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store