Well slap me silly

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I seen a thread on here the other day about catching the Betta "bug" or something, so I went and got one for my desk at work; and I have to say, they are a lot more enjoyable than I was expecting.

Within an hour of introducing a red male betta, 4 shrimp and 2 snails, densely planted, the betta was investigating all over; today I discovered him building a bubble nest which he checks up on at random intervals. Tempted to get another set up haha, try them guys!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
I loved my betta fish. Dont try to tell them they arent monsters mine would flare at me more aggressively than my cichlids did haha. Got pics of the setup? Mfk does have a mini monster section now so you shouldnt be ousted for betta talk anymore

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Will check up that section Brich cheers, he's in a 2.65 gallon (controversial!), but he's building a bubble nest and I'm a mad fish wizard so come at me brahs.

Will get pics tomorrow :)

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Will get more pics when my managers aren't watching me

uploadfromtaptalk1411562528420.jpg

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
man, you make me want to keep beta again, nice tank tho.
Nice. They are so short lived though, i've found for the most part.
yes, they live only 2-3 years and fish that we buy are already 6 months to a years old already.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Densely planted? Think again...

Also prepare your fish to fight my Smaug! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I may have exaggerated about densely planted haha, Smaug looks like a nice thick betta there, mine is quite slim, not thin, reckon he's still relatively young.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store