Temporary housing

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
I was just given a 50 gal corner tank which had 6 parrots, 3 large male convicts, a female convict and an 18" sailfin pleco in it. The tank is way overstocked, i'm selling the tank and all of the fish except the pleco and one of the male cons which will go into the 260 when it arrives. The only other tank I have is my 90 gal which is already fully stocked with fish which are going into the 260, I can probably put the convict in there until the new tank gets here but I need ideas on temporary housing for the pleco for the next 2 weeks, any ideas? Must be cheap though because money is pretty tight at the moment!

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
I got a 100 gallon rubbermaid container from Kmarts, I keep my three pond goldfish in there for the winter for 22 bucks.

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
I'm not sure where I would find anything like that here in the UK unfortunately.. Was thinking about a kids pool but they take up alot of space and the evaporation would be terrible.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
You not got a friend with a bit of room in there tank from a couple of weeks ? Or your LFS could look after it if your well known to them ?
Kids pool would work but you'd have to house the heater in something so it doesn't melt through it (just incase ) and you could put a plastic sheet tarp over it to stop evaporation , bnq sell cheap decorators sheets that are clear they'd work temporary
Where in UK are you based ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
Don't know anyone with a big enough tank so looks like the kids pool will be my best bet, Argos has a 750 litre pool for £15 so that should hopefully do the trick! I'm in Scotland.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
That should do it , if you were closer to me I'd help you out but the fuel cost would cost more than a second hand tank lol ;):D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store