I'm back... With some new and some old ;)

Monster_Minis

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Bruce is still eating like a pig and destroying anything i put with him... The gar and catfish all got great homes thanks to some members here and a local university... And i finally got some cichlids after how many years of not owning any... Our oldest loves her fishies and is constantly wanting to feed them so she has a juvi group of tank bangers that already follow her whenever shes near the tank.... Otherwise we're hating taking a break from the more exotics that would need my attention. Will share pics as soon as I can figure out how with this ipad thingy!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Monster_Minis

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Hey Rob! Having issues getting my account info reset... Went threw some email problems so the server isnt sending me an email when i request changes ect. ;) love to get it straightened out but if its not possible i can continue from here. :) i think because i changed some email stuff around ect its not sending or erroring when it does... Since i had no issue making a new account with my current email.

Monster_Minis

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Thanks Rob! And... Atm im feeding my guys a mix of prime reef flakes, formula 1 green flake, nls thera a, and omega ones cichlid pellets... Haha... Its refreshing to add fish that arent picky or need "special" feeding attentions... All 3 hammered everything! Now what suggestions to feed to get good growth but long-term health? Or does the Butti and terrors need different feeding? Thinking of sticking with the NLS and as a treat now and then some repashy carnivore ( what we feed our aba so i can toss them the "scraps" from making his cubes) or should i try more veggies? Btw pretty sure my "red terrors" are not festea. But they where cheap and our daughter had to have them lol. Atm they are all together in a grow out and plan is to see how things go if they will grow up together and com or if we will need to seperate. The butti was my pic as he was stunning already at 2.5" or so.

Monster_Minis

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Was also wondering what if any catfish such as synos might work or is that just a bad idea? I feel a tank needs balance... Bottom/top/mid... And i know these guys can all be heavy hitters as they grow but I'm having a hard time accepting nothing else will work... Or should i just give in? Since they are all lil atm now is the time to add companions if i want to try cohabing. Atm their in a 40b to start and where i can keep a good eye on them... Then a 75. Then a 120w when we move the aba in the next year. I know the butti will need the 120w and the terrors "might" get by in the 75. But if the red pair up the 120w is going to likely need an upgrade to a 220 to house all 3 "if" i get lucky with a female butti and everyone plays nice? Or would I have to go bigger to fit the three realistically? Hubby is "Ok, but no bigger" then a 180/220 upgrade long term... And what growth rates are we looking at? I read reds grow slow.. And buttis grow fast... Is this likely to be a major issue? Im assuming if our butti is a male we will find out sooner then later? Sorry for so many questions but doing alot of research since our daughter decided at the fish store today she "had" to have interactive fish... She fell asleep next to the tank... And helped me clean out the tadpoles we had been keeping in the 40. Add gravel... Do a 100% wc and otherwise strip the tank ( not the filters, left the bio but changed out inserts)... Most this afternoon. So its all worth it.. Just wasnt planning on bringing home cichlids today lol. Just started looking for some festea.. So at least we where already talking about it.. But i guess i just cant say no to her :/. Not even sure the red terrors are the same species as they look different to me. Will get better pics to orrow or when they are settled on.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Cool looking knife!

image.jpg

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
nice to have you back, sold the wyckii? check out my youtube page in my sig then click on my videos, my festae and butti used to fight quite alot, theres a few videos on there of the fights... still got my butti at 13 inch in a 300 living with my midas and my wyckii!-)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store