What going on with my jag?

kingdovii831

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2013
Gonzales, ca
Lately my 5 year old jag's anus seems to be bulging out and has small bumps on it. I also noticed his stomach kind of bulges as if something is blocked. Has anyone experienced this before? He's still very active and eats a lot, but also spits a lot out as well. I haven't seen any noticeable changes in behavior either. Thanks for any help

Sent from my SM-G900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1411886246894.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1411886262605.jpg

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
have you tried feeding him skinned peas ? Sometimes that will do the trick . He can be blocked .Or it could be a parasite. Try the skinned peas first and if that doesn't work treat with metro soaked pellets.

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Why don`t you post a pic of the whole beast? I want to see what`s going on with his head.

kingdovii831

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2013
Gonzales, ca
have you tried feeding him skinned peas ? Sometimes that will do the trick . He can be blocked .Or it could be a parasite. Try the skinned peas first and if that doesn't work treat with metro soaked pellets.
I'll definitely try that, thank you

Why don`t you post a pic of the whole beast? I want to see what`s going on with his head.
here he is

uploadfromtaptalk1411946661768.jpg

LONE_WOLF

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga
Epsom salt works well. You could soak the food in it if the fish is still eating. I prefer with cases like this just catching the fish then using a syringe to administer the epsom salt into the fishes mouth. The magnesium will kill any worms in the gastrointestinal track as well as hex and things of that nature. The fish later flushes the magnesium out of its system. Metro is awesome but supposedly doesnt have a long life once its mixed with water. Check out the disease forum and there is an article about epsom salt. Its good info.

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Dang! I just never get tired of seeing Jaguars. Nice fish, I hope he gets well for you soon.

kingdovii831

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2013
Gonzales, ca
Epsom salt works well. You could soak the food in it if the fish is still eating. I prefer with cases like this just catching the fish then using a syringe to administer the epsom salt into the fishes mouth. The magnesium will kill any worms in the gastrointestinal track as well as hex and things of that nature. The fish later flushes the magnesium out of its system. Metro is awesome but supposedly doesnt have a long life once its mixed with water. Check out the disease forum and there is an article about epsom salt. Its good info.
Yes he's still eating. I'll give that a shot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store