How to relocate fish long distance

stronghold

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2014
salem
So I have 3 stingrays around 15-24 inch disk marble and motoro. I have 22 inch timensis peacock bass. 5 inch tiger datnoids. And 5 baby stingrays. My question is how can I deliver then to north dakota from salem oregon. Its a 20 hour drive. I already have my 500 gallon aquarium setup and cycling in north dakota. Does anybody know or has transferred fish such a London distance

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MEDHBSI

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2011
Coquitlam BC
rent a uhaul and put all the fish into tupper containers or syro containers from fish stores with battery air pumps. Depending on the weather you may need heat pads too. I drove my stingray 12hrs with just an air pump and he's fine.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
As posted: Rubbermaids and air pumps / power heads. (Or get a pump that uses air injection so you get bubbles AND motion from one device.) Water change on the way if needed. Bring an ammonia and pH test kit to keep an eye on parameters.

I've done multi-day transports using that method with a lot of success.

stronghold

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2014
salem
Thanks for all the advice. I found a 275 gallon tote water container that im gonna be using to house all the fish. Im gonna hook up air bubbler to the power inverter that I bought. And a small pump for water circulation. The tote measure 40" wide 46 " length and 48" tall.

stronghold

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2014
salem
What shall I do for water splashing out? the tote im using has a big opening. can I use like double tape and put an acrylic sheet on top? Would that seal it good enough?

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Can you put a lid on it and drill holes for hoses etc?

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store