Another one off the dream list!

ericmagnus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2014
Manila, Philippines
Just wanted to share my first irwini. He's about 3 inches. Here's a pic from my friend who owns a store here. Cant seem to take a decent picture of the lil guy so i borrowed the one my friend posted on his site. Same irwini i got anyway hehe

uploadfromtaptalk1411969283649.jpg

I dont see him eat at all. But he got really fat in the few weeks i had him. Eats hikari carnivore with my bichirs and raphaels.

I'll be posting more pics soon. Will just have to figure out how to lure him out in the open hehe he hides under a huge driftwood all day

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Nice little irwini , you probably won't see much of him until he hits 8-10" , its great that he's feeding though I didn't see my old one eat for about the first year lol :thumbup::D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ericmagnus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2014
Manila, Philippines
Nice little irwini , you probably won't see much of him until he hits 8-10" , its great that he's feeding though I didn't see my old one eat for about the first year lol :thumbup::D

I think that'll happen to mine as well hehe sneaky little ninjas these guys are. I saw him feed a while ago when i dropped some pellets, but before i can get my camera, boom, he's back into hiding. How big did your irwini get? :)

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Got to around 12" he was coming out all the time and taking pellets from the surface , then I lost him to disease :( if I see another at around 8"+ mark for decent price ill get another one

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
It turned out to be a bad case of velvet disease killed my 2ft jardini , the irwini and a giraffe cat similar size in two days managed to save rest of my stock but it had to be those three I was gutted :(
Built stock back up now but nit found another decent sized irwini (yet ;) )

ericmagnus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2014
Manila, Philippines
Oh damn, sorry to hear that. Yeah, it's quite hard to find a nice sized irwini. My choices were all from the 3-4 inch range. I just chose the one with the best markings

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
You've certainly picked a good one there love the white highlights it'll look stunning once its bigger , can wait to see how it turns out :thumbup::)

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Here's a couple of pics of mine few weeks before I lost him uploadfromtaptalk1412059639664.jpguploadfromtaptalk1412059696978.jpg

ericmagnus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2014
Manila, Philippines
Oh man, he's gorgeous. Love the coloring of his armor plates. How long did it take for him to reach 12 inches? I cant wait for mine to get that big. Unlike other fishes, i think the irwini just keeps looking better upon aging

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store