In your opinion, the most aggressive Vieja/Paraneetroplus/Paratheraps?

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
For me it would be the Maculicaudas, I've seen them take down red devils and a variety of tough cichlids. What about you?

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Never had a BB but I can vouch for Argentea. I had 3 incher that I had to rehome because it relentlessly attacked my 12in endli bichir. Bichirs are tough but I knew the argentea had to go when it bit the tail so much it started bleeding :(

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Right NOW I'd say Zonatus, but that's because one of our Zonatus just killed a male Breidohri in my son's 75 Gallon the other night. The Breidohri was the top dog in the tank, I was worried about him beating up the Zonatus, but one night the Zonatus suddenly learned how to fight back. They were both 6 inches, and I thought a little too young/small for serious damage like that.

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
Breidohris in my experience are one of the least aggressive viejas, pretty aggressive but not too much.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Yeah, but Breidohri look good.

rich_one

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Southern Maryland
In my experience, it's been black belts by far, with zonatus maybe 2nd. However, I once had a red faced fenestratus that was totally hell on wheels. Impossible to house it with anything... solitary fish only. Eventually sold him.

-Rich

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
Maculicaudas and Argenteas are pretty aggressive but not the to point where they can't be in community tanks. But I've seen big male festaes dominated by argenteas in a buddy's tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store