Sealing up a drilled tank

the big kahuna

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
new york city
I've been looking for a 33 long tank and found one on craigslist. Problem is it drilled on the side one hole towards the top. This tank is the exact size I need but don't the hole there. How can I seal it up safely without any PVC pipes or bulkheads sticking out the side. And by the way the tank is glass.

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
Small square piece of glass over it on the inside and silicone it with GE silicone I.
the silicone & water pressure will keep it in place, and the silicone will keep it from leaking.

It's ugly but it works.

Rich

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I had 2 75g tanks up for years that we had 2 square pieces of glass cut. One silicones on the inside then filled the entire hole with silicone then siliconed another patch on the oath side. I think they are still up and running to this day 20years later

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Just my personal taste but I dont like the look of glass sandwiched on a tank. I would probably just get a bulkhead and put a plug in it with a threaded cap.

Just my personal taste but I dont like the look of glass sandwiched on a tank. I would probably just get a bulkhead and put a plug in it with a threaded cap.
Me too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store